Benefits of Dog Day Care & Socialization at Folsom Dog Resort
Doggie Daycare can make a major difference in your and your dog’s life. Doggie daycare provides exercise, playtime, fresh air, and an opportunity to build socialization skills and most importantly–burn off all that pent-up energy!
- Socialization helps dog learn how to function in your world.
- Giving your dog a positive experience with new people, sights, sounds and other dogs helps build confidence.
- Mental stimulation that encounters new things actually increases a dog’s mental capacity.
- Socialization can also reduce anxiety, which could lead to unwanted behaviors such as excessive barking, chewing or nipping.
- Poorly socialized dogs are more likely to react to the unknown with fear and aggression.
- Well-socialized dogs, on the other hand, remain calm, taking things into stride.
- It’s usually best to begin socializing your dog when it’s still a puppy, but adults can also learn. For more tips on socializing an adult dog, please see The Dog Guy® blog.
How to Choose the Best Doggie Daycare for your Dog
Whether this is your first dog and you’re exceptional nervous about the best choices for the new love-of-your-life, or a seasoned dog owner, choosing the best doggie daycare is an important decision. Convenience, location, amenities and cost are considerations but there are many more factors to consider:
Nothing matters more than safety. A reputable facility will put safety first. Five critical ways of achieving this are:
Formally trained staff on the many aspects of having dogs safely play together
All employees who handle dogs are thoroughly trained. We are fortunate to be co-owned by Jason Davis, known as ‘The Dog Guy’ regularly featured in local media providing Folsom and the Great Sacramento region with timely dog training tips. Jason shares his wealth of knowledge with this team.
In addition, staff members who work with doggie daycare have been certified by Outstanding Pet Care Learning Center and been taught safe dog handling, canine body language and social play skills by the industry’s leading authorities.
Dogs should go through a play style assessment
Folsom Dog Resort has each new dog meet the staff and other dogs to understand it’s play style.
Dog Daycare groups should be divided by size and play style
We take the time to evaluate a place your dog in the proper playgroup based on size and temperament.
Constant Supervision is a must
You probably imagine this is assumed. Unfortunately, it’s not a reality for most pet care facilities. It is for Folsom Dog Resort. We have reliable, significant staffing to ensure one or more staff members monitor the pack the entire time.
To ensure the health and safety of all the pets that stay with us we require that each doggie day care guest vaccinations are current against the most common canine illnesses. We verify current vaccinations with each veterinarian. This extra step provides peace of mind that your dog is playing among healthy dogs.
What Our Customers Are Saying
“Best dog resort in the Sacramento Area! My dog has anxiety about being boarded or should I say had. She has stayed at the Folsom Dog Resort five times now and each time she doesn’t want to leave. Their prices are the lowest for the types of services and their love and dedicated to your dog show in everything they do. Lots of fun and affordable options as well.”