Folsom Dog Resort Health Care Commitment Program
Folsom Dog Resort & Training Center is pleased to offer our Health Care Commitment program (the “Program”) in the rare instance that something goes wrong during a stay or service with us. "Folsom Dog Resort" means Folsom Dog Resort & Training Center or its subsidiary that operates the resort visited by Pet Owner’s Pet.
If your pet is injured, hurt, or ill during their time with us for boarding, daycare, training and/or grooming services, Folsom Dog Resort will reimburse you ( as “Pet Owner(s)”) of your pet (“Pet(s)”) up to $500 in eligible veterinary diagnostic and treatment expenses.
What is my coverage?
Pets receiving boarding, daycare, training and/or grooming services your Pet will be covered by the Program. The Program applies to all current and future visits with Folsom Dog Resort.
What does the Program cover?
Pet Owners will be eligible to receive reimbursement under the Program for any veterinary diagnostic or treatment expenses provided by a licensed veterinarian that are directly related to a diagnosed illness, injury or condition (including, for example, canine cough or canine flu) that was sustained during the Pet’s visit with Folsom Dog Resort and was identified either during the Pet’s visit with Folsom Dog Resort or within five (5) days of the Pet’s departure from Folsom Dog Resort.
What does the Program not cover?
Program excludes the following expenses: Pre-existing illnesses, injuries or conditions sustained prior to a Pet’s visit with Folsom Dog Resort, whether known or unknown by the Pet Owner prior to the visit; age-related illnesses, injuries or conditions; illnesses, injuries or conditions inflicted on a Pet by a pet that is also owned by the Pet Owner; illnesses, injuries or conditions sustained by a Pet whose vaccinations were not current or completed less than five (5) days of such Pet’s visit with Folsom Dog Resort; illnesses, injuries or conditions resulting from parasite infestations including, but not limited to, fleas, ticks or mites; illnesses, injuries or conditions that result from a seizure; illnesses, injuries or conditions that result from an explosion, fire or an act of God; and any expenses related to a Pet Owner missing work for issues related to the Pet’s care.
Is this an Insurance policy?
No. The Program exists to fill the gap where insurance is not available. Reimbursement under the Program is generally paid out of Folsom Dog Resort's own pocket—though we reserve the right to refer a claim to our insurance carriers when necessary or appropriate.
FAQs for submitting a claim
- Please reach out to us so we can help you in the event there is a claim under this Program.
- If you have a claim, please have your Pet evaluated by a licensed veterinarian and report the illness, injury or condition, as diagnosed by such veterinarian, and notify to the Manager of the Folsom Dog Resort location within five (5) days of the Pet’s departure from Folsom Dog Resort and submit a written request for reimbursement to the Manager of the Folsom Dog Resort location. The written request for reimbursement should be submitted to the Manager of the Folsom Dog Resort via fax, email or hand delivery and must include a copy of the veterinarian’s invoice detailing the expenses and diagnosis.
- After reviewing Pet Owner’s written request for reimbursement, Folsom Dog Resort may require a conference call with the veterinarian to learn more about the illness, injury or condition or to confirm that the illness, injury or condition was not pre-existing. In these cases, Pet Owner must provide authorization to Pet Owner’s veterinarian to speak to a Folsom Dog Resort representative regarding the Pet. If Pet Owner fails to provide such authorization, Pet Owner shall forfeit the right to receive reimbursement under the Program.
- Within fifteen (15) days of receiving Pet Owner’s written request for reimbursement and a copy of the veterinarian’s invoice detailing the expenses and diagnosis, Folsom Dog Resort will either (i) mail a reimbursement check to Pet Owner up to $500 or (ii) notify Pet Owner that Folsom Dog Resort is seeking the opinion of one or more independent veterinarians to determine whether the expenses are eligible for reimbursement. Folsom Dog Resort maintains the right to disqualify expenses that are not, in the opinion of an independent veterinarian, directly related to the illness, injury or condition that the Pet sustained during its visit with Folsom Dog Resort.
- To be eligible for reimbursement, Pet Owner must satisfy all outstanding payment obligations to Folsom Dog Resort for any boarding, daycare, training and/or grooming services.
- Except as otherwise set forth herein, Pet Owner is responsible for paying all veterinary expenses directly to the veterinarian and Folsom Dog Resort will not make payments to the veterinarian.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that a Pet sustains an injury, illness or condition during its visit with Folsom Dog Resort, then Folsom Dog Resort will promptly attempt to contact the Pet Owner and/or the Pet Owner’s Decision Maker to discuss the appropriate treatment for the Pet. Whenever reasonably practicable, Folsom Dog Resort will attempt to obtain treatment for the Pet from the Pet’s primary veterinarian. However, in the event that this is not reasonably practicable, Pet Owner authorizes Folsom Dog Resort to obtain treatment for the Pet from another veterinarian. In each case, any expenses incurred by Folsom Dog Resort in obtaining such treatment for the Pet that are eligible for reimbursement under the Program will first be paid from the $500 maximum reimbursement and Pet Owner agrees to reimburse Folsom Dog Resort for any expenses incurred by Folsom Dog Resort beyond such $500 (or for the full amount of such expenses if the expenses are not eligible for reimbursement under the Program).
Other Details about the Program
Cancellation. Folsom Dog Resort may cancel this Program at any time without notice and shall have no obligation to reimburse Pet Owners for fees paid with respect to prior visits. However, if the Program is cancelled during a Pet’s visit for which a fee has already been paid by Pet Owner, then the terms of the Program shall continue to apply to such visit.
Pet Owner’s Acknowledgement; Sole Remedy. Pet Owner represents to Folsom Dog Resort that Pet Owner is the lawful owner of the Pet(s) and that Pet Owner is fully authorized to enter into this agreement. All of the information about Pet Owner and Pet in this agreement is true, accurate and complete. Pet Owner understands, acknowledges and agrees with the terms and conditions of the Program. Pet Owner also understands that the reimbursement for eligible expenses provided under the Program as described herein are Pet Owner’s exclusive remedy in the event of an illness, injury or condition sustained by a Pet during a visit with Folsom Dog Resort. PET OWNER RELEASES FOLSOM DOG RESORT AND ITS AFFILIATES AND AGENTS FROM ANY OTHER LIABILITY FOR ANY SUCH ILLNESS, INJURY OR CONDITION.